Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Vintage ladies were badass too

I love the idea of prayer flags and I have admired many in the past but yet when I try to make them, more times than not I sit with a pile of fabrics and trims, feeling overwhelmed with the choices and underwhelmed with my results. But some sort of magic was in the air when I made this one. It was for a personal swap with a very talented lady who said she liked vintage styles so I took that idea and ran with it. I had an inkodye print of a vintage tattooed lady that I love but didn't do anything with yet. I started with that base and just started adding things. I just love how it all came together and how each element feel like something that could have come from her world, the buttons, the ripped lace, pearls, key...and the look on her face just said "strength" to me so I had to add that too. Kind of funny how appropriate it is considering how prevalent feminism has been lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...