Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Tacky Christmas Dress - and how I've spent the first part of my week

I really meant to start making some Christmas presents for some friends and family but I got sidetracked...I got the opportunity to make a fabulously tacky Christmas party dress for someone and I couldn't resist. I didn't realize at the time that it would take me about 4 days to finish it or that my living room carpet is now possibly permanently embedded with glitter, sparkles, and other bric-a-brac that is a casualty of my creation.

I got the dress at a thrift store for less than $5 and picked up the ugly Santa head and gold trim at the Dollar store. Most of the remaining bits were stuff I had in my stash! Pretty awesome if I do say so myself...my only regret is that I couldn't somehow fit in working Christmas lights. I found some at the grocery store yesterday but it was about $8 for a relatively short strand and my budget wouldn't allow it.

 photo P1050469_zps44eddf98.jpg

 photo P1050475_zpsdb744d91.jpg

 photo P1050477_zps17ab48d8.jpg

Ok, now on track to start some Christmas crafting for my nearest and dearest now!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool and what a great palate cleanser to get your holiday crafting mojo back.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...