Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Better late than never

My apologies for being tardy with this week's post. It somehow slipped my mind when I was having too much fun playing with yarn.

Speaking of yarn, I went to a little fiber fest this weekend and picked up some gorgeous yarn made in Italy (so fancy) that I'm hoping to crochet my first garment with. 600+ yards of lovely black fiber. I'll have pictures later. Who knows, maybe even progress shots!

Photobucket
(Photo snagged from Tumblr)

Now being that I went to this event and bought yarn I totally didn't need and definitely didn't have room for, I decided to weed down my stash to hopefully make storage a bit more convenient (not like the picture above! I'm not that bad....yet). I pulled out all the little scraps and leftover balls of yarn and so far I've made a shawl, a really wonky earflap hat that I think I'm going to try felting to see if that makes the fit a little better, and just now I finished a lovely lace collar. What am I going to do with this stuff? I'm not sure yet. I might actually yarn bomb some of the things I make here. The collar is possibly a prime candidate =)

Sorry for the overly yellow bathroom - stupid lighting.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Ok enough rambling. Back to the crocheting!

2 comments:

  1. I love your hat! Although the top does look a wee bit like a nipple- at least from this angle :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it totally does =) I started crocheting in the back loops by accident and then just went with it...so nipple hat!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...