Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Randomness of my Mind Can Take Over Sometimes

In a fit of not wanting to make anything Doctor Who or Harry Potter inspired, I started making these patches many months ago. It wasn't until recently in another fit likewise inspired that I actually pulled them back out and made some finished items! A bunch more pouches and wallets that are already in my shop.

My favorite I think is the Dino Pouch. So fun and playful. I also owe a shout out to Wendy for helping me fill in the word bubbles on one patch =) (Such a ridiculous movie it is inspired from but then again it makes me laugh).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And a random one, made from some patches that really had nothing to do with each other....but I think it works. The patch with greenish-blue circles was hand painted by my friend Mel!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also started some Monty Python inspired patches, with the intention of making a whole bag, but then lost the fire to make it. Maybe some day, but for now here's a large wallet.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And now for something completely different, I was asked at work a few weeks ago to make a scrapbook page for one of the regional managers who was transferring to another department. I am not really a scrapbooker, but I DID get an art degree so I should be qualified right? haha. Well this is what I came up with. The only thing purchased was the 12x12 paper background and the paper that is used on the boat/raft. Everything else was cut out from construction paper by me (minus the picture of me and my co-workers duh). I'm pretty proud of it, considering it was pretty much all cut out by me. I did cheat on the tentacles though; I used a hole punch for that - no way was I hand cutting out a bunch of tiny circles.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Ooooooooooooooh - I lovelovelove the Monty Python!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the hangman patch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dinos are amazing!! And I love the Monty Python bits!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dinos are amazing!! And I love the Monty Python bits. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...