Saturday, November 24, 2012

Craft shows and painting and randomness, oh my!

I just got back from a giant craft show today and it really warmed my heart. Besides having tons of awesome handmade stuff for sale (picking up a few Christmas presents along the way) the vendors were all really really cool, down-to-earth, friendly people. I wish I lived closer to the area where the show was so I could participate more in the handmade community (and hang out with Nicole more!) but maybe I should venture out and try to find my own community where I live. Ahh, but meeting new people, not my strong suit. I need to stop being a chicken and do it....later. =)

Anyway, I thought I'd share a pouch I made last week for a co-worker for his niece. He wanted me to recreate an image of her favorite childhood horse that she used to ride but is now in horsey heaven. This is the first time I have actually attempted to "paint" an image rather than using stencils and I am super proud of how it turned out!

Photobucket

Photobucket

This makes me curious about trying to do somewhat realistic paintings in general which I've never really tried because I am chicken. But I'm going to try soon! Just need to figure out what exactly.

Here's the backside of the pouch. More horse themed stitching...

Photobucket

It was nice to have a break from Doctor Who. Haha but speaking of Doctor Who, I totally went off the deep end with screen printing Doctor Who themed things...mainly shirts! Which will be appearing in my etsy shop very very soon! Check out a few sneak peeks!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

That's all for now. I really need to just lose myself in an awesome TV series and just go stitch crazy for the next batch of patchwork bags. I have a giant pile of cut-out fabric that keeps giving me angry eyes every time I ignore it to finish reading the second book in the Game of Thrones series.

3 comments:

  1. You did a great job on that horse patch!

    You are also killing me with the dalek shirts. I'm not much of a Dr. Who fan but I would totally wear one of your shirts. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T!

      I have two dalek shirts in my shop now ;)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see what you will design for the game of throne series,,,,, love the departed horse memorial pouch, or whatever you call it. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...